LA Prosecutors Decline Criminal Charges Against Kevin Spacey, Steven Seagal, Anthony Anderson

Posted September 05, 2018

The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office has declined to file sexual assaultcharges against Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson and Steven Seagal. "Therefore, an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence is not warranted and the matter is declined".

The alleged events in the case against Spacey - one of dozens of allegations that have been leveled against him by men in the USA and overseas over the a year ago - occurred in 1992.

Another case concerning an alleged incident in 2016 remains under review.

It's not unsurprising given that Spacey and Cards parted ways after sexual misconduct claims against the actor surfaced last fall.

Actor Steven Seagal has had years of accusations levelled at him.

Watch a young Serena WIlliams pretending to play at the US Open
Serena Williams has maintained a good attitude throughout the ordeal, reassuring reporters over the weekend that it was okay. Williams is set to face Carina Witthoeft of Germany in the second-round match on August 29. "It's easy to play in".

The District Attorney's office said in a charge evaluation sheet released on Tuesday that the allegation was outside the statue of limitations and that prosecution had been declined. "Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim".

Word of the "declinations", as they are called (because prosecutors decline to press charges), arrived in a statement emailed to USA TODAY from Greg Risling, the spokesman for the task force.

Police in London are investigating six criminal cases against him.

American actor Anthony Rapp was the first to make an allegation against Spacey, claiming he was 14 when a 26-year-old Spacey made a sexual advance to him in 1986. Spacey, 59, stated that he did not remember the alleged incident, but apologized for what "would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior".

Spacey's publicist in November said the two-time Oscar victor, who has been accused of sexual misconduct by more than a dozen men and boys, was "taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment". The accusation was made less than two weeks after Anderson, 48, received his fourth Emmy nomination for outstanding lead actor in a comedy series for "Black-ish".