Flags at Half-Staff for Newspaper Shooting Victims

Posted July 06, 2018

The White House will permit Annapolis mayor Gavin Buckley to lower USA flags to half-staff in remembrance of the mass shooting at The Capital last week after Buckley said it denied his initial request. The request comes after Annapolis mayor Gavin Buckley claimed that Trump had denied his request to have flags lowered.

The White House says Trump ordered the flags lowered as soon as he learned of the Annapolis mayor's request.

In the White House proclamation, Trump said that the nation "shares the sorrow of those affected by the shooting at the Capital Gazette newspaper in Annapolis, Maryland". "I spoke with the mayor last night and again this morning to let him know the president's decision", she said.

"It's a disgusting situation, but I think it's the least respect we could give the journalists", Buckley said.

Remasters And Rereleases No Longer Qualify For Amazon Prime Pre-order Discounts
Prime Day is Amazon's version of a clearance sale, which means you'll find a lot of random, unwanted items on sale. Audible - Eligible Prime members can get their first three months at more than 65 percent off for $4.95 a month.

Gov. Larry Hogan ordered Maryland state flags to be lowered to half-staff from Friday through sunset on Monday. "Americans across the country are united in calling upon God to be with the victims and bring aid and comfort to their families and friends". Buckley said Annapolis city flags would remain lowered until all the victims are buried. Is there a cutoff for tragedy? It was an attack on freedom of speech.

In a statement given to The Baltimore Sun, Buckley wondered why his town's tragedy wasn't given the same respect.

Victims of a shooting at The Capital Gazette on June 28, 2018, aare pictured, left to right: Gerald Fischman, Rob Hiaasen, John McNamara, Rebecca Smith and Wendi Winters.

President Donald Trump's press secretary, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, called Buckley Tuesday morning to inform him of the decision. Ramos filed a defamation lawsuit against the paper and the columnist who wrote the story in 2012.